Higher Nitec in Technology - Games Programming & Development
Course Details Anchor Navigation
In this course, you will learn just how to design and develop amazing games creations that captivate gamers, using programming tools like Unity, Unreal and Xcode.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 147 KB)
What you'll learn
- Develop game program codes, related tools and utilities
- Perform game integration and testing
- Participate in the game design process
- Evaluate game development tools and engines
- Prepare technical documentation
- Implement mobile game programs
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Higher Nitec in Technology - Games Programming & Development graduates are employed by companies in the games creation and creative industries. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Game Tester, Game Level Designer, Game Programmer, Conceptual Artist, Character Designer, Game Content Developer and Game Software Engineer.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For more details on application, click here .