Nitec in Technology - Electronics, Computer Networking & Communications
Course Details Anchor Navigation
You will be equipped with a strong foundation in electronics, which will prepare you for emerging industries in areas such as the Internet of Things (IoT), communication systems and green energy applications.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
ITE College East
ITE College West
Download Core module details (PDF 149 KB)
What you'll learn
- Install, test, maintain and service electronic devices/systems
- Set up and test wired and wireless computer networking systems
- Test and maintain analogue, digital and optical communication systems
- Any 2 GCE 'O' Level Grades (Grade 1-8) in any two subjects; or
- 3 GCE 'N' Level Passes (Grade A-D or Grade 1-5) in Mathematics or Science and two other subjects; or
- Passed ISC/CoC in Electronics Manufacturing; or
- Passed ISC/CoC in Wafer Fabrication; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Electronics, Computer Networking & Communications graduates are employed by organizations and companies that manufacture electronic and computer equipment. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Electronics Technician, Electronics Production Technician, Communication Equipment Technician, Test and Measurement Technician, Engineering Assistant and Electronics Specialist.There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond.