Nitec in Technology - Facility Technology (Mechanical & Electrical Services)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Be the first to “diagnose” problems and provide first line and planned maintenance for buildings. You will learn to undertake servicing work on air-conditioning systems, building management system as well as fire detection and protection systems.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 145 KB)
What you'll learn
- Service, diagnose and rectify faulty components for air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation equipment
- Conduct routine tests and services on fire detection and fire protection system
- Service, diagnose and rectify faults in electrical system and emergency system
- Service, diagnose and rectify mechanical equipment such as ventilator, engine driven equipment and pumping equipment
- Maintain building works such as masonry, fittings and fixtures
- Repair water supply and sanitary pipework and fixtures
- Set up and maintain Audio Video (AV) and Public Address (PA) systems
- Conduct routine checks on security systems such as CCTV and Access Control System
- Completed GCE 'O' Level; or
- Completed GCE 'N' Level; or
- Passed BEST Module 4 in Mathematics (for those with work experience); or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing, or Mechanical Servicing, or Facility Services, or Residential Air-Conditioning, or Residential Plumbing, or Electrical Wiring; or
- Accumulated at least 60 hours of structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) under the Certified On-the-Job Training Centre (COJTC) system. The OJT must be relevant to the course applied for; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Technology - Facility Technology (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates are employed by companies providing building management and maintenance services in private residences, offices, hotels, airports and integrated resorts. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Facilities Technician, Building Maintenance Technician and Building Services Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career
advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Students can prepare
themselves by upgrading their technical skills and knowledge by taking up