Nitec in Technology - Facility Technology (Vertical Transportation)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and rectify defects and faults in lift and escalator installations, perform lift rescue operations, maintain and replace lift and escalator equipment. Be equipped with the skillsets that are required for lift technicians of the future through holistic training at the most authentic lift & escalator training facility.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 164 KB)
What you'll learn
- Maintain and replace lift and escalator equipment
- Perform lift and escalator routine and periodic maintenance works
- Diagnose and troubleshoot defects and faults in lift and escalator installations
- Repair/replace faulty components and recommission lifts and escalators
- Assist lift engineer in the installation, testing, adjustment and commissioning of lift and escalator systems and equipment
- Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level; or
- Passed BEST Module 4 in Mathematics (for those with work experience); or
- Accumulated at least 60 hours of structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) under the Certified On-the-Job Training Centre (COJTC) system. The OJT must be relevant to the course applied for; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Other Entry Requirements:
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing; or
- Passed ISC in Mechanical Servicing; or
- Passed ISC in Facility Services; or
- Passed ISC in Residential Air-Conditioning; or
- Passed ISC in Residential Plumbing; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Wiring.
Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Technology – Facility Technology (Vertical Transportation) graduates are employed by companies that market, install and/or provide maintenance services for lifts and escalators. Some of the job titles that are held by graduates include Lift & Escalator Technician, Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Technician and Facility Maintenance Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Students can upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For more details on application, click here.