Nitec in Technology - Web Applications
Course Details Anchor Navigation
To develop interactive web content, integration of interactive media, create professional websites using content management system and digital assets manipulation.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 141 KB)
What you'll learn
- Develop programs using programming concepts
- Maintain content management system
- Develop web pages using HTML and CSS
- Develop and maintain rich interactive applications
- Develop and maintain web applications
- Support interactive application project development
- 2 GCE ‘O’ Level Grades (Grade 1-8) in any two subjects; or
- 3 GCE ‘N’ Level Passes (Grade A-D or Grade 1-5) in Mathematics or Science and two other subjects; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Nitec in Technology - Web Applications graduates are employed in information communication and digital media industry that create and use interactive web technology for customers, including design firms, advertising agencies, production companies, interactive developers, museums and galleries, government bodies, PR and marketing firms, financial and healthcare companies. Some of the job titles which will be held by graduates include Web Developer, Web Programmer, Interactive Programmer.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.