Work-Study Diploma in Aircraft Engine Maintenance
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
The Work-Study Diploma in Aircraft Engine Maintenance adopts a work-study approach to prepare you for a professional career in the Aerospace sector. You will be equipped with skills, knowledge and professional attributes to perform aircraft engine maintenance,
visual inspection and non-destructive testing of aircraft parts and components, as well as maintaining safe work practices at the worksite.
Physical Attributes to the Job Role
- An Aircraft Engine Technician needs to be physically fit with no colour visualisation deficiency. The performance and reliability of the aircraft engine depends heavily on the rigorous maintenance
and repairs activities which are carried out. Aircraft Engine Maintenance as a whole is classified as an essential service and technicians are expected to work on rotating shifts
round the clock. This is to ensure the supply chain of aircraft engines for the aviation industry remains undisrupted.
Social Attributes to the Job Role
- Aircraft engine maintenance is a team-based work. As an Aircraft Engine Technician, he/she must strive to be a team player and maintain good communications with co-workers. A dynamic mind-set towards lifelong learning is also advantageous an
Aircraft Engine Technician as engine technologies are constantly evolving and being able to keep abreast with the latest updates will make a career in aircraft engine maintenance much more fulfilling. Other social attributes will include problem
solving, decision making and resource management.
An Aircraft Engine Technician is one who performs aircraft engine/engine components maintenance, repairs and overhauls, and tests aircraft engine systems and components in accordance with relevant technical manuals, quality standards and
The Aircraft Engine Technician is also expected to be able to perform analysis of system failures when required while keeping abreast with latest developments of related systems via relevant publications from
the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
He/She may also be authorised by the organisation to perform parts inspection, quality control and assist in Non-destructive Testing of components in accordance with organisational
procedures and industry standards.
Some of our partners:
GE Aviation, Engine Services - Singapore Pte Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 140 KB)
What you'll learn
- Maintain aircraft engine electrical system and components
- Maintain aircraft engine structure
- Perform aircraft engine plant operation
- Perform automated thermal spray, polishing and laser welding on aircraft engine components
- Perform cleaning and geometric measurement on aircraft engine components
- Perform non-destructive testing on engine parts
- Perform testing of aircraft engine
- Repair aircraft engine components
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- ITE graduates from any one of the following courses:
Nitec with GPA ≥ 2:
- Aerospace Avionics
- Aerospace Machining Technology
- Aerospace Technology
- Electrical Technology (Lighting & Sound)
- Electrical Technology (Power & Control)
- Mechanical Technology
- Mechatronics & Robotics
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Robotics & Smart Systems
In-service employees with:
- Equivalent qualifications such as Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience
- Strong employer endorsement
- Pass company screening and interview
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
On completion of this diploma programme, graduates can take up jobs as Aircraft Engine Technicians.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Sim_Siew_Yong@ite.edu.sg.