Work-Study Diploma in Mechanical Systems Engineering
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College West
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
Ever wondered how the modern day equipment evolved to be smart and help to increase productivity at work place? Are you passionate to handle smart mechanical systems? Join us to explore further.
This diploma course prepares you for a professional career in Engineering Services sector. Employers may include, but not limited to manufacturing, transport, electronics, construction and petrochemical companies. You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge in mechanical smart systems operations and maintenance as well as engineering risk, quality and resource management.
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 83 KB)
What you'll learn
- Setup and monitor mechanical systems
- Carry out mechanical system maintenance
- Perform inventory and resource planning
- Supervise engineering and maintenance activities
- Perform programming and maintenance of sensors and monitoring systems
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of robotics and automation systems
- Supervise team compliance with WSH and EMS requirements and crisis management
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- ITE graduates from any one of the following courses:
Nitec with GPA ≥ 2:
- All Nitec courses from the School of Engineering
- All Higher Nitec courses from the School of Engineering
In-service employees with:
- Equivalent qualifications such as Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience
- Strong employer endorsement
- Pass company screening and interview
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
On completion of this diploma programme, you can take up jobs as Assistant Engineers.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Sayanthan_Umapathy@ite.edu.sg.