Fiber Broadband Service Commissioning
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseShort Courses
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
This course aims to equip learners who are interested in the Telecommunication Industry, with essential knowledge, skill, and competence in Broadband Networks and able to play an integral role in providing solutions for the delivery of Fiber broadband service commissioning.
SkillsFuture Course Reference Number: CIT307
Mode of Training: Classroom
What you'll learn
- Introduction to broadband network
- Learn the different types of broadband networks and compare their characteristics.
- Passive optical networks (PON) technology & FTTx Overview
- Learn and understand the basic architecture of a PON system and compare system specifications for the various types of PON.
- Understand the Fiber broadband technology, delivery topologies, terminology and architecture commonly associated with FTTx.
- Fiber deployments and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Understand the needs of Fiber Technology to support IoT Growth
- Optical network devices
- Learn to identify optical network devices and understand their basic operation.
- Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
- Optical Line Terminal (OLT)
- Technical skills to perform End-to-end Testing and Commissioning on a telecommunication network.
- Learn and understand the steps required to perform commissioning & basic troubleshooting of broadband Network services. Identify the tools and techniques used to test signal qualities using:
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Light Source
- PON Power Meter
- Fiber Inspection Probe (FIP)