Higher Nitec in Technology - Civil & Structural Engineering Design
Course Details Anchor Navigation
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
You will learn to use Building Information Modelling (BIM) to design and create 3D models for buildings, steel structures and civil engineering works. You will also assist the architect in ensuring that the structural and civil engineering drawings are produced according to specifications and the relevant Codes of Practices.
You will also be exposed to emerging Digitization Technologies such as Mixed Reality, Cloud Technology, 3D Printing, 3D Scanning and RFID Technology that will change the way buildings are design, produced and constructed.
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3
Download Core module details (PDF 124 KB)
What you'll learn
- Perform laboratory housekeeping activities
- Perform pre-testing activities
- Prepare reagents/solutions for products and processes following standardised formulas
- Conduct and analyse test samples using various techniques
- Compile and compute data, interpret test results and analyses and generate analysis reports
- Perform calibration of test equipment and troubleshooting of minor laboratory equipment breakdown
- Maintain proper records of standards, test procedures and laboratory equipment usage
3 GCE ‘O’ Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Higher Nitec in Technology - Civil & Structural Engineering Design graduates are employed by government departments and civil structural consultancy companies in the building and construction sectors. They perform a crucial role of ensuring the structural drawings, civil engineering drawings and detailed drawings on structural building are produced to meet the needs of the users such as clients, contractors, authorities, consultants and building occupants, at the different stages of the project. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Civil & Structural Draftsman, Technical Executive, Technical Officer and CAD Designer.
For more details on application, click here .