Higher Nitec in Technology – Electronics Engineering
Course Details Anchor Navigation
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
ITE College East
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Be immersed in the innovation and evolution of smart devices and systems (smart phones, wearables, home appliances, robotics, maritime systems, sound and video recording, and others). Gain strong foundations and essential skills in electronics and a good head start in your careers in numerous sectors:
- IoT and Communications
- Audio Visual Systems
- Marine Electronics
Higher Nitec in Electronics Engineering sets your career in an industry with boundless opportunities in consumer electronics, audio visual systems, marine electronic systems, Internet of Things (IoT), smart nation and communication systems.
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 125 KB)
What you'll learn
- Install, maintain and service electronic equipment
- Perform simple electronic design work
- Install, configure, test and maintain sensors devices and controllers
- Program microcontroller-based systems
- perform sensors and communication networks interfacing
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Note: Applicants applying for these courses must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Higher Nitec in Technology - Electronics Engineering graduates are employed by organisations and companies in the electronics industry, such as those that:
- Manufacture or assemble electronic equipment and components.
- Design and construct special electronics projects.
- Higher Nitec in Technology - Electronics Engineering graduates are also employed by other manufacturing sectors that use electronically-controlled production machines. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Computer Systems Technician, Communication Equipment Technician, Electronics Engineering Technician, Engineering Assistant, Production Supervisor and Telecommunications Technician. There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond.
For more details on application, click here .