Nitec in Services - Visual Communication
Course Details Anchor Navigation
You will learn to produce designs for print, such as brochures, posters, creative packaging and magazine layout. You will also be taught on illustrations, digital photography and graphic design.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 142 KB)
What you'll learn
- Produce drawings
- Produce design artworks
- Perform digital imaging
- Create illustrative images
- Perform digital photography
- Develop final artwork for output
- Design pictograms
- Create layout & composition
- Perform press checks
- Develop packaging
- Make client presentations
- 2 GCE 'O' Level Grades (Grade 1 - 8) in any two subjects; or
- 3 GCE 'N' Level Passes (Grade A-D or Grade 1-5) in English Language and two other subjects; or
- Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading, Writing and Numeracy.
Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and pass a drawing test for admission.
Nitec in Services - Visual Communication graduates are employed as Graphic Artists, Graphic Designers, Digital Artists, Illustrators and Assistant Photographers for companies in advertising, corporate branding, graphic design, photography and multimedia solutions.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For more details on application, click here.