Higher Nitec in Services - Event Management
Course Details Anchor Navigation
This course will teach you to organise events including liaising with suppliers and customers, coordinating event logistical work flows and managing on-site operations during events. With the right skills and attitude, you will be the one will entertain thousands!
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 123 KB)
What you'll learn
- Coordinate event logistics
- Manage projects and work ﬂows
- Organise events
- Coordinate business events
- Liaise with suppliers and customers
- Work with crew and volunteers
- Handle sales and marketing
- Provide customer service support
- Provide administrative and operational support
3 GCE ‘O’ Level Grades:
- Grade 1 – 7 in English Language
- Grade 1 – 8 in Mathematics (Elementary of Additional) or Principles of Accounts*
- Grade 1 – 7 one other subject
*Applicants must have sat for Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Nitec in Services qualifications (excluding Nitec in Services - Digital Animation, Product Design, Space Design, Visual
- Nitec qualifications [business/services skills]
Higher Nitec in Services - Event Management graduates are employed in the Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs), Professional Exhibition Organisers (PEOs), Destination Management Companies (DMCs), venue operators and hotels as well as private and public sector organisations and associations responsible for organising and managing seminars, meetings and conferences. Some job titles held by graduates may include Events Coordinator, Project Coordinator and Conference Organiser.
There are opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Events Coordinators with work experience and good performance may be promoted to supervisory positions, such as Project Manager, Events Manager as well as Sales and Marketing Manager.
For more details on application, click here .