Higher Nitec in Services - Maritime Business
Course Details Anchor Navigation
The Higher Nitec in Services - Maritime Business course will teach you the skills and knowledge to coordinate vessel movement and operations, liaise with suppliers, agents and customers and arrange for cargo transhipments. You will also learn about shipping and cargo operations, shipping documentation and administration, ship agency and crew management.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 146 KB)
What you'll learn
- Perform shipment coordination
- Process shipping and trade documents
- Process Customs Permits Declaration
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers, forwarders etc
- Suggest and instruct customers on shipping products and services, schedules, routes and rates
- Respond to customer inquiries on shipping issues
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1 - 7 in English Language
- Grade 1 - 8 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional) or Principles of Accounts*
- Grade 1 - 7 in one other subject
*Applicants must have sat for Mathematics (Elementary or Additional).OR
- Nitec in Services qualifications (excluding Nitec in Services - Digital Animation, Product Design, Space Design, Visual Communication)
- Nitec qualifications [business/services skills]
Higher Nitec in Services - Maritime Business graduates are employed by companies involved in marine business such as in shipping & port operations, cargo operations, ship agency and management services. Some of the job titles graduates could apply for include Shipping Operations Assistant, Shipping Administrative Executive and Assistant Supervisor. The maritime sector is a key sector in Singapore and globally. As graduates acquire experience and upgrade their skills and knowledge, their career advancement prospects will improve.
For more details on application, click here .