What will the land transport engineering landscape in Singapore be like in the near future? What talent will our rail industry require years from now? Alternative or cleaner energy sources, as well as other technologies like artificial intelligence, the Internet-of-Things, data analytics, and predictive maintenance, are obviously on the rise.
The Work-Study Diploma in Land Transport Engineering is a step towards a career in our vibrant land transportation industry, whether it be as a Manager, Engineer, Technical Specialist, or Senior Technician, focused on advancing the quality of rail service and operating standards.
With the ITE Work-Study Diploma in Land Transport Engineering, you may increase your breadth of understanding and practical know-how for use throughout your land transport career.
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Able to articulate and discuss ideas, thoughts and information effectively to achieve common outcomes
- Able to understand and co-relate information from multiple disciplines to synthesise knowledge and insights, as well as guide decisions
A Land Transport Engineer manages operations, maintains transport assets, ensures safety and work quality and delivers outstanding customer service. The work he/she performs may include the following:
- Permanent-way compliance and inspection
- Rolling stock asset monitoring
- Signalling system reliability monitoring
- Planning and tracking operations
Some of our partners:
SBS Transit Ltd | SMRT
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.