Ever wonder what is the size of a ship engine and how much power can be generated? How does an engine as high as a four-storey building, churning out in excess of 100,000 horse power sound to you?
This diploma course prepares you for a professional career in the Marine & Offshore sector. You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge in the design of ships and marine systems, while the Production (Repair & Maintenance) specialisation will equip you with skills and knowledge in the repair and maintenance of ships and various marine systems.
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Able to manage and work with different people in various levels in the organisation from different background,
- Able to articulate and discuss ideas, thoughts and information effectively to achieve common outcomes
- Able to understand and co-relate information from multiple disciplines to synthesise knowledge and insights, as well as guide decisions
- Able to work long hours and must meet tight project deadlines.
Assistant Production Engineer is one who assists project teams in different aspects of the repair, conversion and building of marine and offshore structures, including the mechanical, structural, piping, electrical, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and other marine systems. His/her duties will require working on site and on board vessels to carry out supervision of production work in compliance with safety and quality standards, owners’ and manufacturers’ specifications, classification societies’ requirements, and organizational procedures, so that the project is completed safely and timely.
Some of our partners:
Keppel FELS Limited | Keppel Shipyard Limited | Sembcorp Marine Integrated Yard Pte Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.