Ever wonder what is the size of a ship engine and how much power can be generated? How does an engine as high as a four-storey building, churning out in excess of 100,000 horse power sound to you?
This diploma course prepares you for a professional career in the Marine & Offshore sector. Through the Engineering Design specialisation, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge in the design of ships and marine systems, while the Production
(Repair & Maintenance) specialisation will equip you with skills and knowledge in the repair and maintenance of ships and various marine systems.
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Able to manage and work with different people in various levels in the organisation from different background
- Able to articulate and discuss ideas, thoughts and information effectively to achieve common outcomes
- Able to understand and co-relate information from multiple disciplines to synthesise knowledge and insights, as well as guide decisions
- Able to work long hours and must meet tight project deadlines.
Assistant Design Engineer is one who assists project teams in different aspects of design and engineering activities of marine and offshore structures. He/She assists project teams by carrying out routine tasks in different aspects of the ship and offshore engineering design in compliance with the ship owners’ and manufacturers’ specifications, classification societies’ and statutory requirements, where applicable, using computer software to ensure that the needs of the clients, authorities, consultants at the different stages of the project are met.
Some of our partners:
Keppel FELS Limited | Keppel Shipyard Limited | Sembcorp Marine Integrated Yard Pte Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.