Higher Nitec in Community Care & Social Services (3 years) (wef Jan 2024 intake)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
You love to extend your helping hands to others in need and want to do your part for the society.
If this statement describes you, you should join the Higher Nitec in Community Care & Social Services course and you will learn to plan and implement community-based activities/events, and organise and facilitate meaningful activities for clients/patients and their families. You will also learn to provide assistance in the rehabilitation, care and support of clients/patients.
What you'll learn
- Assist clients with activities of daily living
- Perform clinical procedures based on clients’ / residents’ needs, under supervision of trained staff
- Assist clients with mobility
- Support trained staff in rehabilitation programmes, care and counselling of clients
- Support trained staff in the activities of daily living (ADL) training
- Organise and facilitate activities and events for clients/ residents and their families
- Support trained staff in conducting routine home visits
- Support the daily operations of the centre/ home
- Support trained staff in emergency situations
Admission to Year 1 of the 3-year curriculum structure:
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects:
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science* and 2 other subjects:
* Mobile Robotics, Smart Electrical Technology, Mechanical Design & Automation, Internet of Things Applications, and Mobile Web Applications subjects can be used in lieu of Science for admission to this Higher Nitec course.
- Shortlisted applicants will have to attend an interview, and pass a prescribed medical examination.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Community Care & Social Services graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Community Care & Social Services graduates with a GPA of 2.0 and above may also apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please
refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec Community Care & Social Services graduates are employed in Nursing Homes, Community Hospitals, Community Rehabilitation Centres, Integrated Rehabilitation Centres and Day Care Centres. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Social Service Assistant, Assistant Programme Coordinator, Programme Assistant, Assistant Welfare Officer and Activities Officer.