Higher Nitec in Landscape Management & Design
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Love nature and the great outdoors? Wonder how to build a City in Nature?
Join the transformation in landscape management! Learn about Horticulture, Arboriculture, Landscape Implementation and Maintenance, Landscape Management using Technology and Sustainable Landscape Design at our authentic facilities.
Our close collaboration with the National Parks Board (NParks) and the Landscape Industry Association Singapore (LIAS) provides great opportunities for learning beyond the classroom. You will be a part of the Student-Run Parks initiative in partnership with NParks, to redesign a park and to use technology to improve productivity in park maintenance. You will also have opportunities to be selected to participate in Overseas Industry Attachment Programmes to countries like Australia etc.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 60 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 66 KB)
What you'll learn
- Organise, coordinate and oversee various aspects of landscaping maintenance and construction works
- Supervise and coordinate deployment of workforce
- Supervise the selection and procurement of plants and planting materials for landscaping construction and maintenance works
- Perform scheduling and implement maintenance plans for common turf and park areas
- Oversee the maintenance plan for equipment and machinery
- Supervise the undertaking of plant health care programs
- Supervise the propagation of plants, undertake nursery operations, and maintain nursery plants and facilities
- Assist in the supervision of installation and maintenance for skyrise greenery and other green infrastructure
- Assist in the supervision of arboriculture operations and maintain tree health and safety
- Interpret, prepare and present landscape design drawings
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics and 1 approved subject:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in an approved subject: [Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computing / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Electronics / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physics
/ Engineering Science / Science (Chemistry, Biology) / Science (Physics, Biology) / Science (Physics, Chemistry) / Physical Science / Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)]
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click here.
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Landscape Management & Design graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Landscape Management & Design graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses
for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Landscape Management & Design graduates can be employed as Supervisors in the landscape industry. Graduates can also work as Assistant Designers or Project Coordinators in the related landscaping sectors. They will also be competent to oversee the implementation and maintenance of skyrise greenery, plant nurseries and urban farms.