Awards & Financial Assistance Scheme
ITE Community Scholarship (ITE CS)
(previously known as Community Development Council & Citizens’ Consultative Committee-Institute of Technical Education (CDC & CCC-ITE) Scholarship)
- Singaporean GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ Level holders who have matriculated for ITE Traineeship courses and who are in the top 10% of the GCE ‘N’ or GCE ‘O’ Level entrants at each intake exercise are
eligible for consideration for the ITE Community Scholarship. Successful recipients will be informed by the nearest Community Centre/Club (CC) in the constituency where they live to receive the award. No application is required.
- Each scholarship will be awarded for the duration of the course. Renewal in the second year of study is subject to the recipient’s performance and conduct during the first year of study. The value of the award is $1,600 per year.
S R Nathan Special Assistance Scheme
The S R Nathan Special Assistance Scheme provides financial support of $500 to eligible trainees in the first month of their ITE Traineeship programmes.
- Who is eligible?
- Singapore citizens who are successfully enrolled in ITE Traineeship programmes and whose household per capita income (PCI) ≤ $690. Priority will be given to applicants with lower household PCI.
- How to apply?
- Submit the S R Nathan Special Assistance Scheme Application Form, and the required supporting documents, when applying for ITE Traineeship in the online portal.
Deferment of National Service (NS) for NS-Liable Males
- National Service (NS) liable males who are younger than 19 years old as at 1 January of the year you commence your traineeship course will have to check your eligibility for NS Deferment at the Central Manpower Base (CMPB).
- Trainees who are not eligible for NS Deferment will need to withdraw from the course that you are enrolled.
For more information on NS Deferment, please click HERE.
For more information on NS Disruption, please click HERE.
During the period of traineeship, the trainee is an employee of the company and receives a monthly salary and enjoys benefits similar to other company employees. All course fees are paid fully by the sponsoring company.