Higher Nitec in Bio-Chemical Technology (3 years) (wef Jan 2024 intake)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Are you fascinated with the Biology and Chemistry behind the things that are around us every day?
Join this course to discover the building blocks of our world! You will learn to perform microbial tests and a variety of chemical and biochemical analytical tests. You will also learn to use advanced instruments such as spectrometers and chromatography systems.
What you'll learn
- Maintain occupational health and safety at workplace
- Perform pre-testing activities and sampling
- Perform analysis of test samples
- Perform microbial tests
- Perform biomolecule analytical tests
- Analyse test samples using spectroscopic techniques
- Analyse test samples using chromatographic techniques
- Report analysis and test results
- Maintain laboratory documentation and quality standards
Admission to Year 1 of the 3-year curriculum structure:
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects:
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science* and 2 other subjects:
* Mobile Robotics, Smart Electrical Technology, Mechanical Design & Automation, Internet of Things Applications, and Mobile Web Applications subjects can be used in lieu of Science for admission to this Higher Nitec course.
Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Bio-Chemical Technology graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Bio-Chemical Technology graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Bio-Chemical Technology graduates are suitable for employment in quality assurance / quality control or testing laboratories in the chemical, petrochemicals, food, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare services and farming sectors. Their roles include performing a wide range of laboratory procedures and technical functions to support chemist or analysts. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Laboratory Technician and Laboratory Assistant.