Higher Nitec in Security System Integration (3 years)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Protect our families and assets that matter, join us and play a part in keeping our city safe.
To cater to industry demand, the new 3-year curriculum structure comprises the specialised and deepened skills sets built upon broad-based foundation skills sets for the electronics sector. Apply for this course to embrace an exciting career in the fast growing security technology industry. You will learn how to implement and manage installation, integration, commissioning and servicing of security systems.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 70 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 60 KB)
What you'll learn
- Set up wired and wireless networks to accommodate IP-ready security systems
- Set up backend security network infrastructure to support security systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain security systems
- Design and implement security system solutions to meet client’s requirements
- Manage security system installation projects
- Integrate and implement centralised security management system
Admission to Year 1 of the 3-year curriculum structure:
Completed GCE ‘N’ or GCE 'O' Level
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression,
please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates are employed by systems integrators, security solution providers and end users of security systems including government agencies. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Technical Specialist, Security Systems Specialist and Senior Technician. There are excellent career advancement opportunities to Project Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Systems Designer and beyond.