Nitec in Dental Assisting (Traineeship)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseTraineeship
Campus where course is offered
Become the dental surgeon’s most able assistant and assist him at the chair side!
Join this course and gain knowledge on oral biology, patient care, dental assisting and general clinic administration.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at dental clinics.
Download Core module details (PDF 195 KB)
What you'll learn
- Set up the instrument tray
- Prepare the patient for treatment
- Mix the dental material when required
- Act as chaperon and witness for consent and procedures performed
- Give oral health education and post-operative instructions
- Sterilise and disinfect the instruments
- Perform simple laboratory tasks
- Maintain clinic inventory
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 – 8
|GCE ‘N’ level Passes in English Language and
2 other subjects
|A – D or 1 – 5
Nitec in Dental Assisting graduates with a minimum GPA of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Mr Marcus Lee at Lee_Tek_Siong@ite.edu.sg
Graduates from Nitec in Dental Assisting can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Dental Assistants.