Higher Nitec in Filmmaking (Cinematography)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Be a part of the production team for the exciting world of movies and entertainment productions.
Higher Nitec in Filmmaking (Cinematography) will equip you with the knowledge and technical skills in film production. This course focuses on camera, lighting and grip skills to achieve the required technical standards of motion-picture production setups, camera operations, cinematic lighting, production operations in movie, television drama and commercial productions.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 52 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 66 KB)
What you'll learn
- Perform camera assisting
- Perform camera operations
- Perform data wrangling
- Perform lighting setups
- Assist in the lighting requirements
- Perform dolly operations
- Perform jib arm operations
- Perform sound recording
- Perform video editing
- Assist in production management
- Coordinate production requirements
- Assist in the art department
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics/Principles of Accounts and 1 other subject:
- Grade 1-7 in English Language
- Grade 1-8 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional) or Principles of Accounts*
- Grade 1-7 in one other subject
* To be eligible for selection, you must also have sat for Mathematics (Elementary/Additional).
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click here.
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Filmmaking (Cinematography) graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Filmmaking (Cinematography) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Filmmaking (Cinematography) graduates are employed by film and television production companies for movie, episodic drama and advertising content productions. Some of the job roles held by graduates are Camera Operator, Camera Assistant, Focus Puller, Drone Operator, Data Wrangler, Lighting Crew, Production Grip, On-Location Sound Recordist and Production Assistant.