Nitec in Fashion Apparel Production & Design
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Have you thought of how you could conceptualise your fashion design ideas and learning the techniques of producing them?
This course will equip you with the essential skills to develop and construct clothing for women and men. You will also learn about fashion illustration, fashion development process, textiles fundamentals and 3D draping creation.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 55 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 51 KB)
What you'll learn
- Construct a garment
- Evaluate sample for fit (alteration)
- Develop draft patterns for an outfit
- Analyse fabric characteristics
- Drape to create 3D garment
- Translate 2D illustration
- Identify industry sewing machine faults
- Perform quality control
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects:
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science* and 2 other subjects:
* Mobile Robotics, Smart Electrical Technology, Mechanical Design & Automation, IoT Applications, and Mobile Web Applications subjects can be used in lieu of Science for admission to this Nitec course.
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Applicants applying for this course must attend an interview and pass an aptitude test for admission.
- Students will be required to purchase training materials which will cost about $1,000 for the 2-year course. This is in addition to the course fees. Students can keep their materials at the end of the course.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Nitec in Fashion Apparel Production & Design graduates with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Nitec in Fashion Apparel Production & Design graduates with a GPA of 3.5 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression,
please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Nitec in Fashion Apparel Production & Design graduates may apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE, if their GPA meets the requirement of 2.3 or 2.8 for the Higher Nitec course. For more information on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Fashion Apparel Production & Design graduates are employed in fashion buying houses, fashion retailers and apparel manufacturers. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Prototype Maker, Pattern Maker, Assistant Quality Control Specialist, Assistant Fashion Designer, Assistant Fashion Merchandiser and Assistant Fashion Stylist.