GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics/ Principles of Accounts and 1 other subject:
- Grade 1-7 in English Language
- Grade 1-8 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional) or Principles of Accounts*
- Grade 1-7 in one other subject
* To be eligible for selection, you must have sat for Mathematics (Elementary/Additional).
GCE ‘N(A)’ level passes in English Language, Mathematics and 3 other subjects:
- Grade 1-3 in English Language
- Grade 1-4 in Mathematics
- Grade 1-5 in 3 other subjects; and
- A total of 19 points or less for English, Mathematics and three other subjects (ELMAB3) *
* Eligible, graduating GCE N(A) students enrolled during the January intake under the Direct Entry Scheme To Polytechnic Programme (DPP) will undergo 10 weeks of preparatory programme, followed by 2 years of Higher Nitec training.
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click here.
Successful students will be required to purchase a Laptop which will cost about $500 to $1,500 for the 2-year course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum device specifications, please click here.
Occupation Traits and Functional Ability Requirements
|Nature of Work
|Accounts Assistants are employed in government departments, statutory boards and private sector companies primarily to assist in the preparation of final accounts, cost accounts as well as tax computations.
|Accounts assistants often assist in the other administrative work in the office where they are required to provide customer service and handle routine office procedures as well as work on the computer using common business software.
||finger dexterity, attentive, sensory (visual, hearing) ability, communication skills, interaction with strangers
|Accounts Assistants may have to work overtime in the evenings or weekends to meet the tight work schedules during certain periods of the year.
||dealing with non-routine schedule
This course is less suitable for students who do not possess the functional abilities indicated. If in doubt, please consult your school career guidance officer or visit ITE College for further academic advising.