Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Are you interested in being a part of the marine and offshore industry, ensuring the successful launch of state of the art marine vessels and offshore platforms?
Singapore is the major player in the global market for ship building, ship conversion and repair. You can play a significant role in this industry through this course as you will learn to use the latest 3D CAD software to design, model and create engineering drawings for ships and offshore and marine structures.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 58 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 66 KB)
What you'll learn
Prepare working drawings and assist in the offshore and marine engineering design with application software for the following areas:
- Offshore and marine accommodation
- Offshore and marine life savings and fire-fighting appliances
- Offshore and marine structure
- Offshore and marine piping system including piping for fuel oil, lubrication, engine exhaust, hydraulics, pneumatics and water supply
- Offshore and marine electrical system and controls
- Offshore and marine heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics and 1 approved subject:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in an approved subject: [Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computing / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Electronics / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physics
/ Engineering Science / Science (Chemistry, Biology) / Science (Physics, Biology) / Science (Physics, Chemistry) / Physical Science / Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)]
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click
Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to a Technical Engineer Diploma course at ITE. For more details on progression, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates with a GPA of 2.0 and above may also apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses
for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates are employed by shipyards and other supporting companies which design and provide services on the repair, fabrication, refurbishment of vessels, offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Engineering CAD Specialist, Assistant Technical Engineer, and Assistant Designer.