Nitec in Automotive Technology
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College West
Mobility via automobiles is an essential need for connectivity. Without it, people will struggle to gain access to goods, services, social and economic connections. Do you know how these automobiles are maintained and kept in good condition for the road users? You can be the expert who keeps these automobiles running safely and reliably.
Automotive industry is heading towards sustainable e-mobility. Be the first to be exposed to new trends in automotive engineering and its cutting-edge technology. Join this course to learn how to troubleshoot, service, maintain and repair commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, electric vehicles and their propulsion systems in this growing industry.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 59 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 51 KB)
What you'll learn
Maintain, service, repair and troubleshoot the systems in passenger and commercial vehicles such as:
- Maintain engine mechanical and management systems
- Service emission control systems
- Maintain air intake system
- Service suspension and steering systems
- Maintain brake system
- Maintain drivetrain system
- Repair electrical and electronic systems
- Service air-conditioning system
- Maintain supplemental restraint system
Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Nitec in Automotive Technology graduates with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Nitec in Automotive Technology graduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above may apply for progression to a Technical Engineer Diploma course at ITE. For more details on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Automotive Technology graduates with a GPA of 3.5 and above may also apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please
refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Nitec in Automotive Technology graduates may apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE, if their GPA meets the requirement of 2.3 or 2.8 for the Higher Nitec course. For more details on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Automotive Technology graduates are employed by fleet maintenance workshops, service garages, franchised vehicle dealers, vehicle distributors, vehicle inspection centres, public transport operators and government agencies. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Heavy Vehicle Technician, Bus Technician, Vehicle Technician, Bus Technical Specialist, Automotive Technical Specialist, Customer Service Adviser and Vehicle Inspector.