Nitec in Urban Greenery & Landscape
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Love the greenery and nature, wondered how plants benefits our environment and quality of life?
Join us to learn about Urban Greenery Management, Landscape Implementation and Maintenance as well as Plant Health Care, Propagation, Integrated Pest Management through holistic training and extensive field practices.
Our close collaboration with the National Parks Board (NParks) and the Landscape Industry Association Singapore (LIAS) provides great opportunities for learning beyond the classroom.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 61 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 51 KB)
What you'll learn
- Coordinate and run daily operations of landscape construction and maintenance
- Construct and maintain landscaped areas including urban greenery, skyrise greenery, gardens, golf courses, turf/sports turf and parks
- Implement landscape works according to workplan
- Perform preventive and corrective measures for common pests and diseases
- Maintain drainage and irrigation systems
- Operate and maintain landscape related machinery and equipment
- Manage nursery production, maintenance, inventory and procurement
Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Nitec in Urban Greenery & Landscape graduates with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Nitec in Urban Greenery & Landscape graduates with a GPA of 3.5 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Nitec in Urban Greenery & Landscape graduates may apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE, if their GPA meets the requirement of 2.3 or 2.8 for the Higher Nitec course. For more information on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Urban Greenery & Landscape graduates can be employed as Technicians in the landscape industry. Some of the job titles held by graduates may include Arboriculture Technician, Assistant Nursery Supervisor and Floral Design Assistant. They would also be competent to implement and maintain skyrise greeneries and plant nurseries.