Intelligent Facility Management
As Singapore develops into a smart nation, more buildings will be equipped with high- tech equipment. Catch a glimpse of the intelligent facility, learn about the basic concepts of building management systems, and be introduced to advanced technology such as drones which are used to conduct visual inspection of building. You will have the opportunity to program and control a drone to fly in a designated fixed path and install an LED lamp.
Related ITE Course: Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services)
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand basic concept of building management system i.e. electrical, heating ventilation air-con system and workplace safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Identify common faults occurred in Building Management System (BMS).
- Experience advanced technology training aids such as drones to conduct visual inspection of building
- Write basic program to allow drone to fly in a designated fixed path.
- Able to control the drone whilst abiding to the rules and regulations by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS).
- Interpret electrical wiring diagram and install LED lamp.