Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Lifts, escalators and moving walks are critical in this urban community, to move people from point to point vertically. Get equipped with the skills and competencies to keep the equipment safe and reliable and be part of a Lift/Escalator Specialist!
Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and rectify defects and faults in lifts, escalators and moving walks, perform rescue operations, maintain and replace machineries and equipment. Be equipped with the skillsets that are required for Lift Specialists of the future through holistic training at the most authentic Vertical Transportation Lab facility.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 58 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 51 KB)
What you'll learn
- Maintain and replace lift and escalator equipment
- Perform lift and escalator routine and periodic maintenance works
- Diagnose and troubleshoot defects and faults in lift and escalator installations, including performing lift rescue operations when required
- Repair/replace faulty components and recommission lifts and escalators
- Assist lift engineer in the installation, testing, adjustment and commissioning of lift and escalator systems and equipment
Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation) graduates with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation) graduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above may apply for progression to a Technical Engineer Diploma course at ITE. For more details on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation) graduates with a GPA of 3.5 and above may also apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for
progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation) graduates may apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE, if their GPA meets the requirement of 2.3 or 2.8 for the Higher Nitec course. For more information on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Built Environment (Vertical Transportation) graduates are employed by companies that market, install and/or provide quality maintenance services for lifts, escalators and moving walks. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Lift/Escalator Specialist, Lift/Escalator Senior Specialist, Mechanical & Electrical Specialist and Facility Maintenance Associate. The Nitec certification is also accredited directly with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) under the Progressive Wage Model (PWM) and recognised by the Building and Construction Authority as a Lift/Escalator Specialist.