Higher Nitec in Facility Management
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
As buildings become smarter with Digitalisation and Internet of Things (IoT), what would it be like to be part of the team to manage these modern building facilities?
Facility Management is a rapidly growing profession in Singapore due to the growing demand for new building and infrastructure development. Higher Nitec in Facility Management graduates are employed directly by building owners or indirectly by facility management managing agents to provide integrated facilities management for our modern Built Environment. These facilities include airports, country clubs, integrated resorts, business & financial facilities, medical and health centres, leisure and entertainment hubs, hospitality and tourism attractions, as well as residential buildings.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 65 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 66 KB)
What you'll learn
- Supervise and coordinate building maintenance work such as air-conditioning, electrical, mechanical, fire protection, building, plumbing and sanitary systems, and general services
- Supervise fire-safety related tasks assigned by Fire Safety Manager to ensure safe and efficient operations of buildings and facilities
- Assign and manage subordinates in the execution of FM (facility management) activities
- Perform maintenance duties as and when needed
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics and 1 approved subject:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in an approved subject: [Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computing / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Electronics / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physics
/ Engineering Science / Science (Chemistry, Biology) / Science (Physics, Biology) / Science (Physics, Chemistry) / Physical Science / Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)]
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click here.
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Facility Management graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Facility Management graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please
refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Facility Management graduates will be able to take on jobs as Facility Officers, Facility Technical Officers, or Facility Executives. They can also take up the additional role of Fire Safety Manager if they have passed the Fire Safety Management elective module accredited by SCDF, or work towards being a Registered Workplace Safety & Health Professional with the Ministry of Manpower.